Thursday, March 13, 2014

These are just too good to wait

O Speaks
"Sometimes, I say words that don't make very much sense, but they are actually warnings".

"Whenever I hear a spanish word, I have to say it in a spanish accident".

"I'm upset about two things. One, I didn't get my mamas milk and two, I wasn't born in your uterus". We'd been talking about age, and when I met O in the hospital. 

"NO!!! Sharks, they'll kill you to death." Her response to the news that I want to do a Shark Adventure scuba trip.

Work
Even though I can be called in to work, I still volunteer in Os class and usually stay until the end of recess/playtime. After one particularly long stretch of cold weather, the wee ones were able to go outside. Within the first few minutes, there must have been 5 kids hurt running into each other, or falling, or getting scraped, or something. Now, when I go out with them, I wonder how many casualties there will be. It's entertaining, in a sick sort of way. It's kind of like counting road kill on a long drive. You just can't help it. That's not bad, right?

I worked for a few hours one morning in Ms. Sues class. She taught O last year and we LOOOOOOVE her. The class went on a field trip to a grocery store for a tour and to talk about nutrition. On the tour in the produce section, we were asked if we knew what "organic" meant. I was one of the few who raised a hand and was then "voluntold" to tell the others what it meant. In a part of my explanation I said "In order for the foods to be considered organic, they aren't allowed to be genetically modified". The adults laughed a bit. I didn't get why it was funny, I'm totally serious about this stuff. But in retrospect, it was probably because "genetically modified" are huge words.

At lunch time Ms. Sue let me know I was on lunch duty. WHAT?!?!? "Oh CRAP" was the first thing I thought. It didn't turn out to be the "crazy" I thought it would be, and I survived.

Costco is a happin' place for seniors around lunch time. I stopped by there on my way home from "work" and I swear I saw a round of "slow" speed dating going on in the food court. I think there was a line for the scooters too.

In order to complete my application process and be officially hired, I have to submit my college transcripts, and, I'm embarrassed. I was NEVER motivated by grades, it drove my parents NUTS, but, they weren't that important to me. I remember the first part of my senior year in high school I wanted to see what it was like to get straight A's. So I did at mid-sememster, and decided it wasn't a big deal or much fun, so I quit trying. That was the same attitude I had in college and NOW I have to submit my transcripts to a school district for employment. UGH!!! I hope I never meet the person who looks at my transcripts. I am SOOOOO embarrassed. 

Side Note: The only transcript I've had to submit to an organization in the past has been my massage therapy one for licensure. 

BoobTalk
My daughters obsession with teasing me by poking my boobs is getting worse, or she just likes to embarrass me. I was afraid this would happen, but her boob pokes have gone public. The first time she did it, we were walking from school to our car. Out of nowhere, and in front of other cars, there it was, a poke. I thought I was going to die of embarrassment. She's done it during recess at school too. I have to stand with my arms folded to protect myself. 

We went to dinner the other week and she crawled under the table. I saw this cute little hand slowly rise up on our side, then, she did it! She poked me, in public. I thought I was going to die, again. She quickly shot back to her side. The under-the-table poke is a new one. LT gets mad when he sees her do it, I think he's just jealous she gets more action than he does. :)

"Mom, fish are going to come in and try to touch your boobs because they look like seaweed". I have no idea where that came from. We were in the kitchen and I had successfully warded off an attack. AND, I'm VERY CONFIDENT my boobs DO NOT look like seaweed. 

Anxiety
I HATE my little, unwelcome friend. I've had some upsetting dreams recently. They are the kind that wake me up and I can't go back to sleep because I'm anxious. Anxiety SUCKS!!

SPRING!
My favorite season is almost here. Look who is trying to make an appearance.



Food
Check out this little goodie I found. It is organic and the ingredients are good too. For over 6 weeks, O has been a little turd about eating breakfast. I'm hoping the chocolate in this will motivate her to have something in the morning.



Our Anniversary 
I like the idea of doing a shark adventure dive on our trip. 


Here is the description; 
"This dive trip is divided into two separate stages: the wall dive and the shark feeding dive. The wall dive takes place in one of two dive sites: the Shark Wall or the Runway Wall. Both of these sites are fabulous undersea walls with a large vertical wall teeming with sea life, including plenty of Caribbean Reef Sharks. At these locations, no baiting or feeding will take place, so divers have the chance to view these remarkable creatures typical behavior. The sharks will maintain a comfortable distance on this fantastic free dive along the wall.
"After the dive along a wall, the dive party will descend to the sandy sea bottom at either the Arena or the Runway. Both of these locales have plenty of open space where neither the divers nor the sharks will feel confined. The shark feeders will then release bait with the use of a long spear, drawing the sharks around the dive party as they rest on the sandy floor. This immersive experience will definitely be the highlight of your Bahamas vacation.
tour highlights
  • Dive with the Reef and Nurse Sharks off the coast of the Bahamas
  • Dive with Controlled Feeding of Sharks
I've highlighted what excites me. Doesn't it sound so cool??? 


No comments: