Sunday, March 9, 2014

I can't think of anything creative to name this post

Quotes from the week
"I can't tolerate intolerance! I know, it's contradiction at its best".

"8 girls in my house tonight. Wish there was a Nascar speedway nearby where I could get some peace and quiet" Eric Forrest

"Are you crying"?
"Of course not! It's liquid pride, which is a totally different thing".

What O has to say
"You can always go window shooting", O offering an idea to us for our date.

Handicapped - Candy happed 

Shift - Shit
I was at a play date weeks ago and my friend said, "SHIT", and then apologized. O doesn't know that's not a nice word. LT and I realized, O doesn't really know any cuss words. We RARELY use them. She thinks "stupid", "hate", and "shut-up" and horrible, horrible things today. I've cleaned up my language when I'm driving in the car, however, I still call other drivers names. The other day she told on me to LT and said, "Mom said a bad word, she called another driver a MORON"!! I'm SO GLAD that is now the worst I say. 

Boob Talk
Della, - "Sarah, you're going to have to find a new best friend. Melissa is available".
Sarah - "Na, she doesn't have big enough boobs". 
Me - "I'm sure there is some sort of enhancement cream I could use".

Della, while transferring Sweet Baby Alice to me, thought she did a boob brush,"I"m sorry. Did I touch you"?
Me - "I don't know. Did you? I wear a padded bra".

I'm so immature. This picture is from the Baltimore Science Museum.



O LOVES having braids in her hair one day and then having the braid-wavy hair the next day. It just happened to be crazy hat day at school the same day as a braid day. She looked AWESOME in her rasta hat with her braids.


DBSA
I received the most kind compliment at the meeting Thursday night. We were getting ready to leave and I was talking with a lady who has come to several meetings. She said the nicest thing, it was very flattering and I said thank you. Then she looked in my eyes, and it was an intense look, and she said it again to make sure I got it, and repeated it one last time. Wow, I am so blessed to be a part of such a great group that helps people with issues that are near and dear to my heart. 

We had our last meeting at the library at the end of Feb. I am happy to start the next chapter of our little group. We now have a permanent home and a regular schedule. My favorite part of the meeting was the laughter we shared at the end.

Work
I was called in to help one morning last week and I was put in a Kindergarten class for a couple of hours. It was intimidating at first because.... it was a new experience. (When I am in Os class, I at least know the students and I'm comfortable with the teacher). Before class began, I introduced myself to a table of wee ones. The first thing a sweet little girl said to me was, "Oh, let me see your pretty earrings. Oh I like your smile, you have pretty glasses." Aw, that helped my jitters disappear. I loved her sincerity. 

Getting Smarter
Saturday morning, I went to this conference. I LOVED the presentation by Shauna King, M.Ed. She talked about basic brain anatomy and the differences between the genders. I was enthralled the entire time. I wish she could have spoken for a couple of hours. (I love anything anatomy/neurology related). It really helped me understand O, how she thinks and what is age appropriate. It also informed me about what to expect as she matures. The differences between boys and girls was amusing. I want to learn more about this topic. 



No comments: