Sunday, October 24, 2010

Luna Penelope


I knew you as Megan.

I recently saw a picture of you. You've grown so much. You are beautiful. Seeing it tugged at my heart. It made me feel grateful.

You came into my life with as much notice as you left, one day. The 15 weeks we had together were filled with adventures and lessons. You turned me into a "mommy". Because of you, I learned that just because it's "gerber" doesn't mean it tastes good. I learned airports with a 2 year old was a whole new world for me. I learned hugs and snuggles are as magical as band aids, and that children really need love and attention, not just toys to play with.

I miss you. I think of you often. I love you and I hope your life is secure and you are happy. I hope that one day, we can meet again and I can tell you about our glorious 15 weeks together. I want to show you pictures and tell you the stories that go a long with them. I hope to be a friend.



2 comments:

Rachel said...

Awwww, bless your heart :)

Jadi said...

She is such a beautiful little girl. She was lucky to have you in her life for those 15 weeks.