Thursday, October 28, 2010

Movement


I love movement.

I love watching movement.

Gymnastics is one of my favorite sports for that reason. The movement is so controlled and beautiful. I love watching acrobats. When we had season passes to Sea World we would always watch the show with the divers and acrobats. Their movement requires so much strength. I love watching basketball. The movement is explosive. I love watching people dance.

When I'm present and not caught up in the puzzlings of my mind, I watch people move. I watch partly because of my training as a Massage Therapist and I watch largely because I think movement is beautiful. I have a whole philosophy regarding our movements and their relationship to our life.

Movement is life.

I like to watch O move. She totters, she spins, she dances, she jumps, she runs. She is gaining more control of her body. She is gaining more confidence with her abilities. She is daring and cautious. She is distracted. I'm happy I get to observe how she moves through her world.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

It was fun to read a comment from YOU tonight. It's been a long time, my friend. I have lots of silly memories of you. You were always so happy, funny, and full of life. Judging from your posts, I think your little, O takes after you, and that is a wonderful thing.