Friday, October 22, 2010

The National Book Festival 2010


The National Book Festival is an annual event that is put on by the Library of Congress. This year it was held on Sept. 25th. O and I braved the metro and headed to the national mall to take it all in. I think we spent a majority of our time at the PBS Kids tent. Partly because of the entertainment and partly to stay out of the sun. It was HOT!!! We saw Miss Rosa and met the author of Martha Speaks. During the question and answer part of "Martha Speaks" O made sure she got her two cents in. AND, O had her picture taken with some of the cool characters too.

This year I went for O, but, next year, I'm brining LT so we can trade off with O. There were some authors there I would have loved to have met and heard their presentations. Suzanne Collins being one of them. I know my mum would have flipped out, FLIPPED OUT had she known about it and been here. She's a voracious reader and I think 50% of the presenting authors are people she reads.

On the metro, ready to go!

DUCK from Word World
Hey, it's Martha

I have no clue who this character is, but we took a picture anyway.
DOG from Word World
The Cat in the Hat
O didn't want to pose with him. He was really animated and I think it freaked her out a little.
CLIFFORD!! O has loved Clifford for a long time.
Susan Meddaugh and Martha.
O asking her Q.
We received an autographed copy of a Martha Speaks book for O. What a great way to get kids interested in reading.


4 comments:

orangemily said...

Awesome!

Bonny said...

That character you didn't know is from Dinosaur Train. It's a cute show.

Anonymous said...

We LOVE PBS! I just took some pictures of my kids zoned out in front of PBS! :) My house is a torrent of insanity until 6:30 and I rush to turn on the television for a brief moment of quiet!

Jadi said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I am so DISAPPOINTED that we weren't able to make it. There were lots of characters there. Kaylee would have loved it.