Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Matt

His name still brings a smile to my face. I feel so blessed to know him, to have dated him. I was so infatuated, then again, how could you not be by someone who called you his "red-headed pixie-faced yum-yum". We saw or talked to each other every day. I took him to Pocatello and he took me to Toole. He made me giddy. He made me laugh. He looked gruff and yet, he was so gentle. He has his own special place in my heart, always will.

On Monday, his wife shared news that knocked me over, I'm still reeling. When we were together, he always joked about his head being fat. It turns out, it is too fat, it has too much fluid. Due to chronic hydrocephalus, he is expected to develop dementia and loose his memory in as little as 1 to 2 years.

I can't take it in. He is so young. His family is so young. A child was born this year. I can't fathom what they are experiencing. And then, I wonder, how would I do it if LT had the same diagnosis. I can't imagine it. It's unbelievable.

M and A, I am praying for a miracle.

4 comments:

UTSquishy said...

I don't know if it's related, but it reminded me of this article I read.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/842534-teenager-forced-to-drink-her-brain-fluid-daily-to-relieve-migraine-pain

Sally Wood said...

Oh my goodness! I totally remember Matt, although I haven't seen him in years. I will keep him in my prayers too. He is way too young! So sad.

orangemily said...

That's terrible! I don't know what I'd do if that happened to Richard.

Jadi said...

That is so sad. :(