Saturday, October 9, 2010

Thursdays, Part 3

I have to say, the day at the Smithsonian topped the list of my summer favorites. O was THRILLED to ride the metro to DC and she had a good time at the museum. I laughed when I noticed her reaction to the size of the dinosaurs. We've told her they are HUGE and the book "The Dinosaur in my Backyard" talks about their size too. But she wasn't prepared. She paused walking and said, wide eyed, "Whoa". It was great.

While there we played with microscopes, bugs crawled on us and we watched a tarantula eat. O helped put together a skeleton too. It wore us out and we were ready to get back on the Metro and head home. I already posted the video of me bribing O with a cookie to keep her awake. Check it out again, you'll laugh.

And yes, the Washington Monument is coming out of the top of my head.

The train ride in.
My really cool friend who put it all together.
We are so cute together.
O loving science.
Whoa
At least she's not afraid.
I even got in on the action. That is a cockroach. Yep, I'm brave.
This was in the forensics lab. A very cool place in the museum.
Just worn out.

2 comments:

orangemily said...

I am so jealous of the neat places you get to visit!

Jadi said...

That was a fun day. DC always wears me out but it is worth it.